Sangerfield NY - Family and friends of 16 year old Jonathan Beach of Waterville gathered along Mason Rd in Sangerfield Sunday evening. That spot is where Beach was killed during an accident early Saturday morning.
New York State Police continue to investigate the one-vehicle crash.
State police tells us that on Saturday, July 14, 2018, at 1:26 a.m., troopers responded to the area of 885 Mason Road in the town of Sangerfield for a welfare check after a resident in that area called 911 and said she heard someone calling for help. When Troopers arrived, they discovered that a 1997 Ford pickup truck had crashed into a tree on the east side of the roadway just south of 885 Mason Rd.
A passenger in the vehicle, Michael Woods, age 18, from Oriskany Falls, NY was waving his arm out the window and yelling for help. Woods was trapped inside the vehicle and had to be extricated. The driver of the vehicle, 16-year-old, Jonathan Beach, from Waterville, NY was pronounced deceased at the scene. Woods was transported to SUNY Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse via Life Flight with leg injuries.
We tried to get a patient condition for Michael Woods Sunday evening, but hospital staff at SUNY Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse say Woods is not listed as a patient.
State Police were assisted at the scene by the Waterville and Oriskany Falls Fire Departments and the Central Oneida County Volunteer Ambulance Corps. State Police told NewsChannel 2 that the investigation is continuing.
- 16 year old killed, 18 year old injured in one vehicle accident in Sangerfield
- Teen injured in Sangerfield two-car crash
- Dog killed in Sangerfield fire, cause undetermined
- Cause of Sangerfield fire under investigation
- Sangerfield man arrested after weekend dispute
- Twelve-year-old killed in Otter lake boating accident
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in Sangerfield
- UPDATE: Woman in critical condition following crash in Sangerfield
- U.S. women's speed skating wins first medal in 16 years
- Deadly flu: 80,000 killed last year