UTICA, N.Y. -- A Utica man has been charged with rape after a yearlong investigation.
Roger Herne, 46 of Utica, is accused of having sexual intercourse with a female under the age of 17, who is mentally disabled.
As a result of the allegation, the victim gave birth to a child.
This incident is alleged to have occurred in March of 2017 in the city of Utica.
Herne was taken into custody Thursday on an arrest warrant and remains in the Oneida County Jail on $50,000 cash or bond.
The victim was offered services through the Oneida County Child Advocacy Center, and an order of protection was requested for the victim.
- State police: Utica man raped, impregnated a mentally disabled minor
- Utica man pleads guilty to rape after impregnating mentally disabled child
- Edmeston man accused of raping a minor
- Ex-nurse accused of impregnating a severely disabled Arizona woman pleads not guilty
- Utica man faces rape charges
- Florence man accused of raping minor in Camden last summer
- Utica man charged with child rape
- Utica man accused of endangering welfare of disabled child
- Man charged with rape after hospital finds out 14-year-old disabled girl is pregnant
- Utica man charged in 2007 rape case involving 2 children