Lyons, N.Y. - A 42 year old western New York man is dead after police say he was beaten by another man Saturday evening.
State Police say they responded to 43 Water Street in the town of Lyons Saturday around 5:30 P.M. for the report of a physical altercation taking place.
Police say witnesses told investigators they observed an individual, later identified as 32 year old Martin Smallwood, strike 42 year old Camilo Robledo with his fist several times and then striking him with a 2x4 wooden board.
Robledo, from Lyons, was transported to Newark-Wayne Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Smallwood, also of Lyons, was taken into custody without incident and charged with 1st degree Manslaughter and 1st degree Assault.
Smallwood was arraigned and has been remanded without bail to the Wayne County Jail.
The investigation is continuing.
- State Police are investigating a homicide in Wayne County
- State police continue to investigate 1972 homicide in Onondaga County
- UPDATE: Utica police investigating homicide on Elizabeth Street in Utica
- Utica police release more information about infant homicide investigation
- Law enforcement investigating homicide in Fort Plain
- Investigation into homicide of Rome mother continues
- State police investigating fatal snowmobile crash in Jefferson County
- State police investigating stolen ATV in Salisbury
- State Police continue to investigate Verona accident
- Oneida County DA: Lincoln Ave. homicide investigation is far from over