TOWN OF FLORENCE, NY -- NY State Police are investigating a fatal one car accident in the Town of Florence.
The preliminary investigation has revealed a 1989 Chevrolet pick-up truck operated by 26-year-old, Jared O. Platt was traveling southbound on Osceola Road when he failed to negotiate a curve and drove off of the roadway and struck a tree. A passenger in the vehicle, Kyle Z. Platt, age 26, was pronounced deceased at the scene. Jared Platt was air-lifted by Mercy Flight to Upstate University Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
The investigation is continuing.
- State Police investigate a fatal accident in the Town of Florence
- Utica police investigate fatal train pedestrian accident
- State Police continue to investigate Verona accident
- State Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Town of Lee
- State Police investigating an altercation following accident in Sylvan Beach
- State police investigating rollover accident in Holland Patent
- State Police take over investigation into Yorkville fatal fire
- State police investigating fatal snowmobile crash in Jefferson County
- Fatal Accident on Route 49 in Rome
- Snowmobilers weigh in on 2 fatal accidents.