TOWN OF LEE, N.Y. – New York State Police and the Oneida County Sheriff’s Department are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting in the Town of Lee. Authorities said a state trooper was forced to draw his weapon and fire when a male subject came at EMS and the trooper with a weapon.
The shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at a home along Golly Road in the Town of Lee when EMS and troopers were responding to a drug overdose.
Trooper Jack Keller said the man, 24, who was shot - was rushed to Rome Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead. EMS and the trooper involved in the incident were not hurt.
The name of the trooper and the man who was shot have yet to be released.
- State Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Town of Lee
- State police: Man killed in Lee trooper-involved shooting lunged at officer with knife
- Lee Town Park vandalized, state police asking for public's help
- Sheriff's office investigating drive-by shooting in Town of Western
- Woman injured in shooting in Town of Lee
- State investigates town clerk's denial of marriage license
- State Fire investigators at scene of suspicious Charles Town fire
- Police Investigating Murder-Suicide in Town of Stamford
- 2-story garage destroyed in Town of Lee fire
- Truck hauling hay catches fire in town of Lee