SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - The New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse could end up hosting more events year-round.
The state said Wednesday that it's seeking a private company to book events at the fairgrounds and its planned expo center starting next summer.
Construction of the 136,000-square-foot expo center is expected to begin this month.
The state's request for proposals seeks a contractor that would book at least 20 events in the expo center by the end of 2019. Three of those events would also have to use other fairground facilities.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State fair seeks to maximize use of planned expo center
- All steel now in place for NY State Fair's new Expo Center
- Work begins on new Expo Center at state fairgrounds
- Mug Club: Ava Dorfman Center Community Services Expo
- Local woman competing to be on the cover of Maxim magazine
- State Fair weighs in on Confederate flags at county fairs
- Rome Home Expo celebrates 43 years
- Mug Club: Health and Wellness Expo
- Boilermaker 101: Expo, parking, course maps & more
- Locals at the New York State Fair