New to the Great New York State Fair this year will be free NARCAN training courses and “Stomp Out Stigma Day” on Friday, Aug. 31.
NARCAN is a life-saving drug that can reverse the effects of opioid overdose. Free training classes on the use of NARCAN will be held at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. in the Empire Room on Aug. 31.
In the Science and Industry Building, free NARCAN training will also be held at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, August 22: 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 23: 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 24: 11 a.m.
- Saturday, August 25: 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 27: 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 28: 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 29: 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 30: 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Sunday, September 2: 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Monday, September 3: 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
During Stomp Out Stigma Day, an Information Fair will be held at Chevy Court from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“Addiction is a disease that affects members of every community, regardless of age, gender, or other factors, and it is important that people know that help is available, and recovery is possible,” said Arlene González-Sánchez, commissioner of the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services. “New York State is working tirelessly to end the stigma against addiction and treatment, and get people access to the help they need to rebuild their lives.”
For more information about Stomp Out Stigma Day, click here.
- State fair to offer free NARCAN training and 'Stomp Out Stigma Day'
- Oneida County offering free Narcan training
- Another free Narcan training available in Oneida County
- State Fair offers special ticket packages for one-day sale
- Insight House: Two Narcan training courses filled to capacity
- More than 100 receive Narcan training in Oneida County
- Local K-9 Dog Receives Narcan
- NARCAN in Oneida County Jail
- Heat inspires extra day of free fair admission for seniors
- MVHS Stomp Out Cancer Telethon: Call or donate online today!