ONEONTA, N.Y. -- Three people were arrested, after state police determined a reported abduction – never happened.
Cassandra Davi, 19 of Oneonta, is accused of sending a text to her dad, Anthony Davi, 54 of Davenport, asking for help – saying she was in 30-year-old Charles Hall's vehicle.
The father called 911 saying his daughter was abducted.
State police say Anthony Davi then shot at Hall's vehicle while on Highway 23 in Delaware County.
An investigation found there was not an abduction, but that Hall, of New Lisbon, was driving impaired.
Hall is charged with DWAI. The father was charged with reckless endangerment, and the daughter is charged with falsely reporting an incident.
- State police: Oneonta teen made up abduction story, father shot at car
- Police: 2 teens shot, wounded in Syracuse
- State Police investigate skimmer discovery at Oneonta ATM
- State Police asking for help in locating missing Oneonta Woman
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- Riders for missing & exploited children hear story of survival from parental abduction victim
- Oneonta man accused of hitting 2 police cruisers, leading police on car chase
- Arrests made in Utica shots-fired investigation
- Oneonta woman facing felony charge for allegedly driving stolen car