State police arrested two people and seized thousands of dollars worth of drugs in Chenango County on Thursday.
Jordan A. Melendez, 28, of Sinking Spring, Penn., and Kimberly M. Rivas, 24, of Mohnton, Penn., were both arrested and charged with second- and third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies.
After executing search warrants at several locations on Nov. 14, the Chenango County Violent Gang and Narcotics Team, state troopers, K9 units and NYSP Special Operations Team found the following:
- Approximately 1.5 pounds of crystal meth with a street value of $50,000
- More than one ounce of pure Fentanyl with a street value of $36,000
- Roughly 20 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $10,000
- Four handguns, three of which were loaded
- 16 illegally possessed long guns
- Packaging materials
- Approximately $3,350 in cash
Both suspects were arraigned in the Town of Norwich Court and remanded to Chenango County Jail with no bail. The case remains under investigation and police say additional charges are possible.
- State police arrest 2, seize nearly $100K worth of drugs in Chenango County
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- Chenango Ave Bridge construction underway
- Brindisi, Griffo secure state funding to fix Chenango Road Bridge
- Chenango County man facing drug, weapon charges after no-knock search
- Chenango Road bridge closed until further notice
- Chenango Bridge now open after repairs
- 27-year-old Sherburne man killed in Chenango County crash
- Massive fire in Chenango County destroys car dealership
- Chenango County man accused of holding woman down, raping her