UPDATE: State police have identified the Lowville woman killed in a crash in Lewis County this morning.
Police say around 5:30 a.m., 37-year-old Meghan Mathys of Lowville was driving a 2007 Ford Sedan southbound on State Route 12 in the town of Martinsburg when she crossed over the center line and side-swiped a 2011 Ford driven by 41-year-old Heather Seller of Lyons Falls.
Police say Mathys’ vehicle then began to spin into the nourthbound lane and her vehicle was struck on the passenger side by a 2013 GMC utility truck driven by 28-year-old Benjamin Russell of Old Forge that was heading northbound.
Mathys was pronounced dead at the scene. Russell was transported to Lewis County General Hospital in Lowville to be treated for a minor injury, and Seller was not injured in the crash.
Police say weather appears to be a contributing factor in the crash, and the investigation is ongoing.
MARTINSBURG – New York State Police are investigating an early morning fatal crash in Lewis County.
Around 5:30 a.m. Thursday, state police responded to a multi-car crash on State Route 12 in the town of Martinsburg. Police say one person died from their injuries and a second person was transported to Lewis County General Hospital in Lowville to be treated for a minor injury.
Police say that weather appears to have been a factor in the crash, but no other details are being released at this time.
The investigation is ongoing and police say more details are expected to be released later today.
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Victims identified in fatal Lowville house fire
- Lowville house destroyed by fire
- Lewis County man killed in farming accident
- Lewis County woman charged with rape
- Garage destroyed by fire in Lowville
- Fatal fire in Lowville under investigation
- UPDATE: Trooper killed in Montgomery County crash
- UPDATE: State Police identify man killed in hunting accident
- Mohawk police identify man killed in motorcycle crash