ROME, N.Y. – New York State Police are investigating a reported road rage incident where a driver allegedly threw items, including an axe, at another vehicle.
The woman reporting the incident claims a driver attempted to run her off of the road on Route 49 near the Griffiss exit Wednesday morning. She said the driver threw items out the window at her vehicle before stopping on the exit ramp, getting out of his vehicle and throwing what she believes to be an axe at her driver side window. The woman then drove away from the scene.
Troopers say the suspect is described as a white, heavyset man with a bushy mustache and dark-colored hair.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call State Police at 315-366-6000.
Police are attempting to identify this vehicle:
- State police searching for man who allegedly threw axe during road rage incident
- Rome man charged in road rage incident after allegedly throwing axe toward car
- Upstate NY man charged in shooting during road rage incident
- Man allegedly choked, harassed woman in Deerfield domestic incident
- Frankfort Police Incident Update
- UPS driver involved in alleged road rage incident in Otsego Co.
- Police looking for suspect in Clinton road rage fight
- Man charged with assaulting wife, damaging her car with ax
- Clinton animal shelter searching for person who threw cats out of car window
- Law enforcement investigating incident on Herkimer Road