UTICA, N.Y. - Super Bowl weekend is a big one for celebrations. The Utica Police Department wants to remind you to celebrate responsibly.
Sgt. Mike Curley from UPD says their first priority, not just this weekend, but always is to keep the streets safe.
Just like any major event or holiday, the potential for drinking and driving is there. While it will be a fun, long weekend for most people, just remember if you are going to drink, do it responsibly because there will be reinforcements out on the roadways all weekend.
Sgt. Curley says the most important thing you can do is plan ahead. If you are not spending the night where you are watching the game, call a taxi, use a ride sharing service, or have a designated driver. He also says if you have to, you can even call UPD and they will make sure you get home safe.
"The units will be out there, they'll be doing what they have to do, you know, they're obligated to keep the streets safe," Sgt. Curley said. "Nights like this, we're here to help, you know, we'll do everything we can, we'll get you a ride, we'll call the taxi, we'll try to get you home, we'll call a family member but last resort, if we have to bring you home, we'll absolutely get you home safe."
So whether you are a Patriots fan or a Rams fan, enjoy the game safely and responsibly.
- Staying safe during Super Bowl weekend
- Super Bowl Sunday Snow
- Deserving coach gets Super Bowl surprise
- Super Bowl keeps local pizza places busy
- Local sociology professor talks Super Bowl ads
- Tips for staying safe this Halloween
- Conference champions Patriots, Eagles to meet in Super Bowl 52
- Timberlake rules out NSYNC reunion at Super Bowl show
- Philadelphians take to the streets to celebrate Super Bowl
- How to watch the Super Bowl and actually keep up