There are still no charges in the case of two dozen dead cows found on an Otsego County farm earlier this week.
But the Otsego County sheriff says that will likely change, next week, with charges against one defendant.
The cows were found on a farm off of Route 7 in the town of Maryland, Tuesday. There were some living, but badly neglected animals, too.
The head of the Susquehanna SPCA described a gruesome scene inside the barn.
"Grisly scene, very unpleasant. I personally could only go in 10 feet or so because you could not breathe. I could not breathe,” said Stacie Haynes, with the SPCA.
The sheriff says charges are also pending in the case of two dead and two badly neglected pigs on a town of Pittsfield farm on County Route 18, in Otsego County.
Those animals were found two weeks ago.
- Still no charges after dead cows, pigs discovered in Otsego County
- Two dozen cows found dead on Otsego County farm
- Otsego County farmer charged in cow deaths case
- Pigs seized from Otsego County farm after two others found dead
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Delaware-Otsego Audobon Society discovers flowers on annual walk
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair