STOCKBRIDGE - A precautionary boil water notice has been lifted for residents in the Stockbridge Water District.
Last week, the City of Oneida Water Department notified Stockbridge-area residents that their water had tested positive for elevated coliform. Coliform bacteria are used as an indicator that other potentially harmful microbes may be present.
The department says a sample of water collected last Tuesday had tested positive, but additional samples taken over the weekend said the water is now safe to drink.
For more information customers can call the Stockbridge Water District at 315-363-0999 or the Madison County Health Department at 315-366-2526.
- Stockbridge boil water notice lifted
- Boil water notice issued in Stockbridge
- Boil water advisory lifted in Middleville
- Boil water order lifted in Chadwicks
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Herkimer
- Boil water advisory lifted for Frankfort residents
- Stockbridge man arrested in domestic incident
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory in New Hartford has been lifted
- Boil water advisory lifted in town of Paris