HERKIMER, N.Y. - 'Stop the Bleed' is a national awareness campaign aimed at encouraging bystanders to become trained and equipped to help in a bleeding emergency before professional help arrives.
The 'Stop The Bleed' kits are made in Herkimer and being sold all over the country.
The kits contain tourniquets, pressure bandages, a hema-static agent, gloves and more, everything you need to control bleeding.
The Arc Herkimer says a school district in Maryland just bought 52 wall-mounted kits to hang in each building and a Buffalo area school district just bought 1,200 carry kits, one for each classroom.
This training is vital because the number one preventable cause of death is bleeding out.
"An average person with a traumatic bleeding issue can bleed out in three minutes," Michael Lamb, the Vice President of Industrial Operations at Arc Herkimer said. "First responders who do a wonderful job responding to situations, their average response time is in seven minutes, so its important for the public to be aware of the skills to help a fellow bystander stop their bleeding."
The 'Stop The Bleed' campaign was started in 2017.
Lamb says sales tripled from 2017 to 2018, and there is an increase in the number of schools implementing 'Stop The Bleed' campaigns. He says six states have enacted legislation which require high school seniors to demonstrate the ability to 'Stop The Bleed' prior to graduation.
To buy a kit or to set up a training for your office or school, call 315-574-7625.
- Thousands of 'Stop The Bleed' kits being sold all over the country
- Dewalt recalling thousands of drills sold in the US
- Stop the Bleed training could help you save a life, possibly your own
- North country digging out
- Megamillions ticket worth $3,000,000 sold in Boonville
- The Sneaker Store sold to longtime employee
- New York hospitals to repay victims charged for rape kits
- Oneida County giving out free mosquito control kits
- Oneida County gives out free mosquito control kits
- Boilermaker officially sold out; Go the Distance accepting newbie applications