ROME, N.Y - It was a storm that came out of nowhere. Thursday night's storm bringing heavy winds and heavy rains across the area. The area's around Rome and Lee Center go the brunt of the storm.
Driving through the area, there were countless trees and wires down causing some hazardous road conditions. One of the more serious cases was in a neighborhood in Rome on Crescent Drive.
National Grid responding to a home after the tree in the front yard tumbled onto the two cars parked in the driveway. Luckily no one was hurt in the incident.
That part of the road was shut down as active wires were on the road and the front lawn.
Not far from that scene a more serious incident involving a large tree falling on a house. Lee Center Fire Department responding to that scene just before 9 pm Thursday night.
Again, luckily no injuries reported from that incident.
- Storm wreaks havoc across Central New York
- Taste of Central New York
- Mother's Day in Central New York
- Oneidas will open new central New York casino March 1
- Police identify 2 children killed in central New York fire
- UPDATE: Thousands of customers without power in Central New York
- EEE detected in central New York mosquito pools
- Presidential visits to Central New York: Facts & history
- Fire On Ice aids Burn Foundation of Central New York
- Lt. Gov. highlights manufacturing businesses in Central New York