A cold front will spark a round of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon between 1-5pm. Thunderstorms that develop have the potential of producing strong winds and small hail. Some heavy rain is possible, but the winds aloft should keep these storms moving along and flash flooding is not a serious concern.
A stronger risk for severe weather looks to be for the Southern Valleys, Southern Tier and Pennslyvania. The National Weather Service uses these terms to describe the risk for severe weather:
If you're planning on spending time outdoors tomorrow, keep an eye on the weather. Better yet, download our stormtracker 2 app. You can get instantly notified of severe weather warnings along with when lightning is detected nearby. It's handy and free to download.
- Strong storms possible Thursday
- Strong Thunderstorms Possible Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- Strong storms moving through CNY tonight
- Strong to Severe Storms Possible This Afternoon and Evening
- A winter storm in Hawaii has produced strong winds, high surf, and yes, even snow
- Strong Winds and Rain for Monday
- Strong winds are possible Friday night
- WKTV's Bill Kardas has strong Boilermaker finish
- Snow returns Thursday night
- Flash freeze Thursday night