Schuyler, N.Y - An aluminum roof came crashing down on Route 5 in Schuyler Monday afternoon around 2:30.
Luckily no one was driving by as the roof came down across the roadway. No one was injured.
The aluminum roof was a secondary roof on top of a barn used for storage across from Tripple’s Countryside Produce.
The entire aluminum roof on one side of the barn came off, but the other half on the other side of the barn remains intact.
About one mile from there, on Miller’s Grove Rd. in the town of Frankfort, a huge tree came down in a yard, toppling power lines, pulling the lines from the home.
At least one other tree came down along Rt. 5 not far from Miller’s Grove Rd..
Route 5 was closed for a short time Monday afternoon but quickly reopened.
- Strong winds cause damage in western Herkimer County
- Damaging wind in Woodgate Monday
- Damaging winds possible Sunday night
- Strong Winds and Rain for Monday
- Strong winds are possible Friday night
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Water rescue in Herkimer County
- Animal trouble in Herkimer County
- Herkimer County Envirothon competition held
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College