NEW YORK (AP) - The Latest on deliberations at the trial of a former top aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo (all times local):
A jury that hit a wall in deliberations at the bribery trial of a former aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is getting a day off.
Federal Judge Valerie Caproni cited a storm and snow in telling jurors at the end of their day Tuesday to take Wednesday off.
Her announcement in the trial of Joseph Percoco and three businessmen came after a jury foreman said jurors were deadlocked and three jurors asked to be excused.
The judge told jurors to return Thursday morning. Earlier Tuesday, she confronted a jury note in which the foreman said jurors could agree only that they disagree.
She read them a special instruction to get them to rededicate themselves to their work.
Prosecutors say Percoco took over $300,000 in bribes. Defense lawyers say he did not.
The jury foreman at the bribery trial of a former top aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo says jurors can only agree that they disagree.
The message was delivered Tuesday in a series of notes at the trial of Joseph Percoco and three businessmen. The judge instructed the jurors to try again.
Several panelists also were trying to be relieved from jury duty. That issue was not immediately addressed.
The trial is in its sixth week.
Prosecutors say Percoco accepted more than $300,000 in bribes from the businessmen, who needed help from the state. Percoco and the businessmen have maintained their innocence.
The Democratic governor has not been accused of wrongdoing.
Jurors had seemed relatively quiet before their fourth day of deliberations began Tuesday.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stuck jury gets day off in Cuomo ex-aide's trial
- Government star witness in Cuomo ex-aide trial arrested
- No verdict in Day 6 of deliberations in ex-Cuomo aide trial
- Cuomo chief-of-staff: Trial won't affect Cuomo's future
- Judge tells jurors in trial of Cuomo aide to keep trying
- Jury selection to start in trial of NY governor's ex-aide
- Jury deliberating in Dean Skelos corruption trial
- Jury begins deliberations in Utica murder trial
- Witness says he joined bribery schemes with ex-Cuomo aide
- Former aide to Gov. Cuomo convicted in bribery case