MARCY, N.Y. -- The student found seriously injured in her dorm room at SUNY Polytechnic Institute in Utica has died from her injuries.
The SUNY Poly Office of Student Government says they are "extremely saddened" by the news of Fardush Sultana's passing.
State police said Sultana experienced a medical event that led to her injuries, but there was no indication of criminality.
She was found Monday, April 8 in her Adirondack Residence Hall dorm room, and fellow students brought her to the emergency room. Officials said they believe she suffered the medical event on Saturday night, April 6.
The college is remembering her impact on the campus community, saying she was involved in a number of clubs and organizations. She was also a student-athlete.
SUNY Poly will continue to offer counseling services to those impacted by Sultana's death.
- Student found seriously injured in SUNY Poly dorm room dies
- SUNY Poly students celebrate graduation
- Questions remain after SUNY Poly student found critically injured
- Student critically injured at SUNY Poly, found days later
- New dorm building on SUNY Poly's campus breaks ground
- 'First' Robotics Competition held at SUNY POLY
- SUNY Poly hosts Mini Maker Faire
- Drone racing returns to SUNY Poly
- SUNY POLY busy with the Robotics Compeition
- SUNY POLY hosts Walk to End Alzheimers