ROME- For 38 organizations across Central New York, Sunday morning was a big day as they got to pick up their toys to give to hundreds of children.
The Birnie Bus Service garage opened their doors and filled the inside with more than 25,000 toys."I mean we've always had a lot of toys but these are the most we've ever had stretching from one end of the large bus garage to the other," said Denise Rogers with Birnie Bus.
Organizations snatched all of them up in less than six minutes, which officials said is a new record time.
Toys were collected for five weeks and it was a joint effort with WKTV, Birnie Bus, and Roser Communications.
NEWSChannel 2's Cody Mooney also spoke with a family who was directly impacted by the program.
- Stuff the Bus Hand off
- Stuff the Bus schedule
- Stuff the Bus continues to give back
- Local boy scouts help "Stuff the Bus"
- 37 Stuff the Bus charities chosen
- Donation Day for Stuff the Bus
- Stuff the Bus in full swing this holiday season
- Stuff the Bus at New Hartford Shopping Center
- Utica students show off dance moves as Stuff the Bus school challenge winners
- Birnie Bus school bus driver disciplined