MARCY- On Monday night, 21 people stuffed "blessing bags" at Karen's Groom Room to give to the Hope House and homeless people in the community.
These are people who said they've been blessed by a company called Plexus that focuses on health and wellness using plant based products.
Participants stuffed about 40 bags with necessities like mouthwash, toothbrushes, hand sanitizer, gloves and hats, donated by the community.
Ambassadors with Plexus said since they feel blessed they want others to feel the same way. "I mean our lives are so full and so complete and people deserve it. You know they fall on hard times and we don't know why and they need help, people need help," said Karen Moody, an Ambassador for Plexus.
Participants will deliver the bags on Tuesday.
- Stuffing Blessing Bags for those in need
- A Walk for the Blessed Virgin Mary
- NEWSTALK: Plastic bag recycling options
- Gov. Cuomo pitches statewide plastic bag ban
- Remsen HS to host viewing party; Mayor says they're 'blessed' to have Hamlin
- Is a ban or a fee on plastic bags necessary?
- Plastic bags could soon be banned in New York State
- Local recycling official responds to possible plastic bag ban
- Canadian man, 77, charged with smuggling pot in hockey bags
- Hurricane affecting garbage bags used for pickup in Whitesboro