COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- The Otsego County Chamber of Commerce is hosting an energy summit in Cooperstown Thursday.
Natural gas presenters, clean energy representatives, NYSERTA, and even the Department of Labor are in attendance to help try and solve energy problems facing Otsego County.
The goal is to create an energy roadmap, so businesses and residents can become more energy efficient.
They're also interested in finding out the needs from the business community, to create more jobs, grow their business, and retain the current population.
"Prioritize what are the most immediate needs and long-term goal needs, and that's what we want to gain out of this summit, and by prioritizing it, goals of energy conservation, energy efficiency, how we can best educate our community, our residents, as well as our businesses to operate more efficiently and effectively,” said Otsego County Chamber of Commerce President and CEO
Barbara Ann Heegan.
Some of the easiest ways to begin with energy efficiency at home is to upgrade windows, adding energy efficient insulation, even shutting off lights all help to contribute to combating the energy crisis.
- Summit hopes to solve energy problems facing Otsego County
- Agricultural Development Council works to solve problems
- Upcoming Otsego County workshops to focus on reducing energy costs
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Task force tackles growing animal cruelty problem in Otsego County
- Otsego County teen facing several sex abuse charges
- Otsego County man facing rape, criminal sexual act charges
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements