(KPRC) More than 31,000 people are found to be neglecting proper sunburn prevention, according to the American Medical Association.
It gets so bad, people are sent to the hospital for sunburns every year.
A Texas mom is going viral after posting that her secret behind a quick sunburn heal was menthol foam shaving cream.
She said leaving the foam on for 30 minutes made a sunburn disappear in about a day for her, but she recommended repeat treatments for people with more severe burns.
Dr. John Griffin, a dermatologist at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, says anything with menthol may do the trick to soothe a burn.
"The menthol portion of that can be soothing, but there's no real benefit to doing shaving cream over finding menthol in another product," he says.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2KKZF4G
- Sunburn: At home relief
- A higher UV index can mean an increased risk for sunburns!
- Stomach aches: Finding quick relief
- Flood relief for Whitesboro residents
- Local gas prices showing some slight relief
- Picente discusses $12 million plan for local flood relief
- Facebook to give relief groups data on users' needs
- Sen. Schumer visits Brewery Ommegang, discusses small brewery relief legislation
- Local Doctors Assist in Hurricane Relief in Puerto Rico
- Newstalk: Rome Home Expo