UTICA, N.Y. -- A Utica man is charged with criminal mischief after an incident at his Sunlit Terrace home, in north Utica Friday, Dec. 6, that prompted police to call crisis negotiatiors to talk him out of the house. It started with someone calling police and asking them to check on the man's welfare. After several hours, police determined there was no threat to anyone and left the home.
The man was wanted on a criminal mischief charge, stemming from a Dec. 3 incident, where his ex-wife claims he went to her home while she was at work, called her and told her he was damaging the home. She came home to find the kitchen table and a chair overturned, and says her ex-husband broke a glass bowl and cup.
Matthew Brooks, 33, is charged with criminal mischief and will appear in Utica City Court at a later date.
- Man charged with criminal mischief after police called to Sunlit Terrace in Utica
- UPDATE: Police clear scene on Sunlit Terrace
- Former Utica firefighter found guilty of criminal mischief, tampering
- Convicted rapist who allegedly removed monitoring bracelets pleads not guilty to criminal mischief charges
- Westmoreland man facing criminal trespass charge
- Utica man faces rape charges
- Otsego County man facing rape, criminal sexual act charges
- Bridgewater man charged with criminal obstruction of breathing following altercation
- Utica police officer charged with DWI
- Utica man charged in trademark counterfeit investigation