The weather this weekend looks quiet different between Saturday and Sunday. We're expecting a pleasant day on Saturday, with sunshine and highs near 40 degrees. The strong March sun will melt snow and make it feel like early spring - something we haven't had much experience with so far this March.
Low pressure passes west on Saturday night and brings a round of precipitation to the region. This is expected to start out as snow, before mixing with and changing to sleet, freezing rain, and plain rain. There's still some disagreement in data, but it does look like an inch or two of snow is possible across most of the area before the changeover, with several inches possible north of the Mohawk Valley. Here's a look at the latest snowfall map:
Watch out for tricky travel early Sunday morning. Temperatures are expected to climb into the 30s on Sunday, with only a limited amount of snow melt. Temperatures remain in the 30s on Monday and Tuesday with light snow, before the weather turns much milder for the middle of next week.
- Sunny start, slippery finish to weekend
- Wet start but nice finish to weekend
- Early morning snow storm causes slippery commute
- Winter storm causing slippery conditions on local roadways
- Snowy start to the weekend
- A pleasant start to the weekend
- GTD 2019: First-time Boilermaker runners start quest toward finish line
- Boilermaker 5K, 15K & wheelchair race top finishers
- Shoppers scrambling to finish their Christmas shopping
- The Mohawk Valley Home Show starts this weekend