OLD FORGE, N.Y - The rain clouds seemed to have temporarily parted ways with the Mohawk Valley. Old Forge saw an influx of tourists as the area saw warm sunny weather.
The Water Safari parking lot was filled today as tourists cooled off at the water park. One of those people was Kevin Hasselwander, who was visiting the area with his friends. He said Old Forge gave him the break that he needed.
"We are here for my best friend's daughter's birthday, It's so nice to be able to get out of the office for a while and be in the sun. And especially for the price, you can't beat it," said Hasselwander.
Tourism Director Mike Farmer said that the level of tourism in the area has been pretty steady. Farmer says the steady flow of tourists makes a big impact on the area's economy.
"It is our economy, everything that we do here is aimed at customer service for our visiting public. But they now realize that this is their backyard. We're an hour away and its a regular, frequent, visiting spot for all of our neighbors in the Mohawk Valley," said Farmer.
- Sunny weather brings tourism to Old Forge
- Winter break causes tourism to skyrocket in Old Forge
- 'Main dish' of Old Forge tourism, Water Safari, waiting on state for possible expansion
- Oneida County promotes tourism during National Travel and Tourism Week
- Weather makes for an early winter season in Old Forge
- Old Forge welcomes home Maddie Phaneuf
- Snodeo 2018 wraps up in Old Forge
- Old Forge hosting Fire Drills this weekend
- New York launches tourism campaign touting Catskills
- Dry, sunny weather to end the week