The chance for light snow showers increase as we work our way through the night tonight. Snow starts to pick up 4AM Sunday morning and stays with us through Late Sunday night into early Monday morning. Steady snow stays with us into the early evening becoming more scattered after around 6PM. Snow ends by Monday morning.
Snow fall accumultions for the majority of the area are looking at around 2-4 inches of snow while areas in the north country can see 4-7 inches.However, wind direction during this time is southerly and as a result, we could see upslope snow bringing heavier accumulations to areas north of the Mohawk Valley. This could put some area accumulations into the double digits.
If you plan on heading out for the Super Bowl give yourself some extra time as snow will create poor travel conditions as roads become snow covered and slippery. Heading into the late afternoon and evening freezing rain and drizzle bring the possibility of light Icing. The highest chance for freezing rain an drizzle is around late afternoon into Sunday night. This can also create slippery conditions on roads, bridges and sidewalks.
- Super Bowl Sunday Snow
- Super Bowl Sunday Forecast
- Deserving coach gets Super Bowl surprise
- Super Bowl keeps local pizza places busy
- Local sociology professor talks Super Bowl ads
- Staying safe during Super Bowl weekend
- There's a Super Bowl party for everyone
- Kansas City Chiefs win Super Bowl LIV
- Snow, snow, snow
- Conference champions Patriots, Eagles to meet in Super Bowl 52