Little Falls, N.Y. - State Police released more information on Saturday regarding the four hour manhunt on Friday in Little Falls that led to the capture of a man alleged to have robbed a home and assaulted a neighbor who came over and confronted him.
Police say 24-year-old Dayvon Hall of Brinkerhoff Avenue in Little Falls is charged with burglary, assault, possession of burglary tools and unlawful possession of marijuana.
Troopers responded to the report of a burglary in progress at a residence at 1232 Shells Bush Road in the town of Little Falls around 4:00 Friday afternoon.
Investigators say a male suspect had been confronted leaving that residence by a neighbor, who attempted to keep the male from fleeing the scene.
Police say the suspect physically threw the neighbor into the door of the residence causing him to suffer a compound fracture of his arm. He was taken to Bassett Hospital to be treated.
Police say after the confrontation, the suspect then fled the scene into a swampy wooded area behind the residence.
Police say following an extensive 4 ½ hour search utilizing State Police K9's and a drone, the suspect was taken into custody without incident.
Hall was arraigned in the town of Little Falls Court and remanded to the Herkimer County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.
State Police were assisted at the scene by several members from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Police.
We also spoke to some residents in that area on Saturday who say it was a stressful 4 ½ hours on Friday for everyone.
Kathleen Canastar, who lives near the home that was allegedly burglarized, says she was thankful for the huge police effort to capture the suspect, "They did a great job. We were so glad because we were able to sleep last night, and I was afraid we wouldn’t."
Investigators say Dayvon Hall was also wanted for a charge out of the state of Maryland and he may be extradited back here to face charges.
- Suspect in Little Falls manhunt charged
- Suspect in custody after four hour manhunt in Little Falls
- Subway bomb suspect charged
- Madison County man arrested for stabbing incident, following manhunt
- 2 Suspects Charged With Quadruple Homicide
- UPDATE: Boonville homicide suspect charged with murder
- Search continues for armed bank robbery suspect in Oriskany Falls
- Oriskany Falls bank robbery suspect lived in quiet, senior community
- Herkimer woman charged after toddler falls from second-story window
- New charges for Utica College terror threat suspect