SPRINGFIELD, N.Y. -- New details on the deadly head-on crash with an Otsego County deputy have been released — including the suspect's ID.
Tuesday afternoon, a road patrol officer's SUV, sitting stationary with its lights on, on Route 20, was hit by a vehicle involved in a police chase. That vehicle, driven by Matthew All, 23 of Sharon Springs, crossed the center line before crashing head on.
All was being pursued by state police and Otsego County Sheriff's Deputies after being accused of harassing someone with a knife.
The deputy, James Mateuna, was sent to Bassett Hospital in Cooperstown with serious injuries not considered to be life-threatening. He is recovering at the hospital.
All was pronounced dead at the scene by the Otsego County coroner.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Suspect killed in head-on crash following Otsego County chase identified
- Suspect dead after police chase seriously injures Otsego County deputy
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair
- Otsego County dog seizure update
- Record bond requested for fatal arson suspect in Otsego County
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash