HERKIMER, N.Y. -- Bullying is that universal problem no school district or workplace is immune to.
Middle school students in Herkimer County are tackling it in a proactive way. The junior, senior high school is once again hosting "Sweethearts and Heroes."
It's a program for students to learn how to deal with bullying and how to be a "super hero" and stand up for others.
A group of motivational speakers brings the message from school to school to audiences from kindergarten all the way up through high school, college and even professional places and corporations.
The message for all is the same.
“I think these are sometimes some for the most important things students can do in education because they are together, they are getting the same message, and really trying to support each other and care for each other,” said Heather McCutcheon, the art education coordinator.
The program began in February, and continued through Wednesday for students.
- Sweethearts and Heroes: Herkimer County middle schoolers tackle bullying
- Middle schoolers take part in Drug Quiz Show at Herkimer College
- Frankfort-Schuyler middle schoolers hear stories of failure, success from the 'pros'
- Mug Club: Herkimer Middle School Presents Aladdin Jr.
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Water rescue in Herkimer County
- Animal trouble in Herkimer County
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College
- Herkimer Mayor to the Herkimer County IDA : "Take responsibility"
- Interested in a singing valentine? Sneak peek of what your sweetheart can expect