The Syracuse Mets were on the board first and from there, Dilson Herrera really opened up the scoring in the third inning. He clears the bases with the hot shot past the shortstop bringing in all three runners and giving the Mets the 4-0 lead.
They weren't done either. David Thompson again with the base knock and Herrera comes in to score.
Syracuse held the 5-0 lead and the crowd was loving it until the PawSox put together a rally of their own. Bases loaded for Gorkys Hernandez and he rips it down the third base line. All three runners round third and come in to score cutting the deficit to only two.
Pawtucket would eventually tie it up, but in the eighth one on for Thompson and he finds some real estate in left, scoring Herrera for the game-winner.
Mets take it 6-5.
- Syracuse Mets outlast PawSox in series finale
- AAA team Syracuse Mets to play in Syracuse through 2043
- Tim Tebow reassigned to Syracuse Mets
- Thousands of fans help Syracuse Mets kick off 2019 season
- Former Big East foes Syracuse and Georgetown agree to series
- Mets make pit stop in Syracuse for Spring Training workout at Carrier Dome
- Syracuse Mets celebrate The Fourth of July with 12,063 of its closest friends
- Syracuse Mets drop opener to Pawtucket Red Sox 6-3 in extras, Tim Tebow goes 0-for-4 in AAA debut
- Top ranked Duke beats Syracuse
- Whitesboro outlasts JD in extras for the Class A title, Cooperstown defeats top-seeded Oriskany in Class C final