ROME, N.Y. -- The Syracuse Vet Center is offering services to veterans in Rome.
Members of the vet center were on hand at the YMCA of the Greater Tri-Valley Monday afternoon.
Active service members, their families, and the public were invited to celebrate the expansion of services for services for veterans in Oneida County.
Counselors say there are a large number of veterans being underserved in the greater Utica area and they wanted to step in.
"We have reached out and began services at a community access point. So, the Rome YMCA has been gracious enough to give us this space in order to provide services out here on Mondays. And then on Tuesdays and Wednesdays we provide services in Utica at the theatre events location,” said Amber Oliver, a counselor at the center.
The center offers many counseling programs available to local veterans at their families. For more information on how to obtain services you can call (315) 478-7127.
- Syracuse Vet Center offering services to veterans in Rome
- Vets get fresh haircut at CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- Veterans Outreach Center holds 'Day of Service' for local veterans
- NEWSTALK: Rome Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- State completes 50-mile drone corridor stretching from Rome to Syracuse
- Mug Club: Veteran's Outreach Center Holiday Baskets & Services
- Syracuse University receives $100K to help disabled veterans become entrepreneurs
- Rome murder suspect Coffin rejects plea offer
- Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park in Rome
- Walmart donates to Rome's Vietnam Veterans Memorial