Syracuse, N.Y. - Frank Howard made his first appearance of the year and Syracuse Orange saw their offense come alive in the second half as they topped the Colgate Raiders for the 53rd straight time with a 77-56 win at the Carrier Dome, Wednesday.
The win snapped a two-game losing skid for the Orange, and a four-game winning streak for the Raiders.
Colgate's Matt Rayman came out of the gates hot, outscoring the Orange on his own with 13 points (the Orange had 12) within the first few minutes. Rayman and Jordan Burns would lead the Raiders with 13 points on the night.
The Orange trailed by as many as five in the first half, but ended up heading into the locker room with a 35-32 lead at the half.
The Raiders regained the lead in the second, and were up 43-41 with 15:56 to go in the contest. From there Syracuse took over.
After a 28-3 run, the Orange never looked back as Tyus Battle heated up, scoring a game-high 24 points, while Elijah Hughes and Oshae Brissett each put up 17.
Howard had a relatively quiet return scoring three points, but handing out five assists and securing two rebound in 19 minutes of play.
The Orange return to action on Wednesday, November 28, when they take on #23 Ohio State on the road. The Raiders remain in-state when they visit Siena on Saturday.
- Syracuse tops Colgate in CNY battle as Howard returns to the court
- Utica firefighter takes DNA battle to Syracuse Court
- Colgate cracks top 10 in Coaches vs Cancer 3-Point Challenge
- Top surgery offered here in CNY
- NEWSTALK: CNY Drones
- CNY Drone Challenge
- Brindisi Takes Town Hall to Colgate
- Colgate freshman proves "UCan" make a difference
- Colgate Football Game Canceled Due to Florence
- Army snaps Colgate's 14 game win streak