SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - Syracuse University is changing its security policy for the Carrier Dome.
School officials announced Thursday a new clear bag policy and walkthrough metal detectors will be in place starting with the football home opener on Sept. 8.
The clear bag policy limits the size and type of bags permitted inside the dome. Vinyl or PVC bags must be no bigger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches. One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags are another option.
Small clutch bags for personal items, diaper bags, and medically necessary items also will be allowed along with one of the clear bag options. Seat cushions and seat back chairs are permitted, but they can't have pockets, zippers or be in their own carrying bag.
- Syracuse unveils new security measures for Carrier Dome
- Syracuse awaits No. 1 Clemson at Dome
- Mets make pit stop in Syracuse for Spring Training workout at Carrier Dome
- Carrier Dome to get fixed roof, other upgrades
- Lawmakers unveil new anti-corruption measures
- Utica College Sports Dome Finally Inflated
- Local hotel addresses security measures following Las Vegas shooting
- Utica College prepares to inflate new sports dome
- Sneak peek inside new and improved UC Dome