UTICA – The state Department of Transportation has issued a travel advisory for State Route 5S in the city of Utica.
From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., daily lane closures will be taking place on Route 5S eastbound and westbound at various locations between Broadway and Broad Street, according to the DOT. Drivers are advised to use caution when traveling through the work zones.
From 8 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday, Route 5S eastbound will be closed at John Street. DOT officials say traffic will be detoured to John Street North and to Broad Street during that time.
Signed detours will be in place to advise drivers of the road closure and to direct traffic to the appropriate detour route.
DOT officials say variable message signs have also been in place to advise drivers of the closures and construction operations.
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- Travel advisory issued for Arterial, Route 5S in Utica on Wednesday
- Traffic alert: Expected lane closures on Route 5S Oriskany Street in Utica
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened between Herkimer, Little Falls
- Law enforcement investigating crash on Route 5S in Mohawk
- NY to halt highway lane closures for holiday travel
- Travel Advisories in the region
- Possible third tenant at 5S Business Park
- New York State Department of Transportation give updates on Route 5S construction project