AAA and the Transportation Security Administration are helping low-risk travelers get through airport security screening more quickly.
TSA pre-check will be at AAA in Utica all week. Pre-check allows passengers to keep their shoes, belt and jackets on, with their laptop in its case and compliant liquids in their bag. The cost is $85 and you’re covered for five years.
“We had some people waiting at 8 o’clock this morning,” said Rachel Pier, the New Hartford branch manager for AAA. “It actually started at 9 a.m., so being that they came an hour early is wonderful. So I think throughout the week we will have a very good turnout, so I do highly recommend making those pre-scheduled appointments. You don't have to pre-schedule, you can walk up, but appointments will go first.”
TSA pre-check will be at the AAA office located at 409 Court St. in Utica from 1-5 p.m. Tuesday, and from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m. the rest of the week and Monday. On Tuesday, Aug. 7, they will be there from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For more information about TSA pre-check, or to make an appointment, click here.
- TSA pre-check being held at AAA in Utica this week
- Cuomo wants to limit pre-employment credit checks
- AAA offers summer travel safety tips
- Ed Welsh is retiring from AAA
- Mug Club: Utica City School District Universal Pre-K Registration
- School Safety Summit held in Utica
- AAA team Syracuse Mets to play in Syracuse through 2043
- AAA predicts most Thanksgiving travelers in 13 years
- AAA: Gas prices to fall after Labor Day
- CNY Fashion Week to be held tonight at Breezes in Utica