Tebow mania is over in Syracuse for the remainder of the 2019 season. Tim Tebow will not return to the diamond due to injury.
Tebow, who suffered a deep cut on his pinky last month, won't heal in time to return to the Syracuse Mets lineup.
This is the second straight season in which the former Heisman Trophy winner will end his year early.
This season was a bit of struggle for Tebow. The 31-year-old was batting .163, with just four homers and 19 RBI in 77 games with Syracuse.
Despite the poor results reports say the big league Mets expect to have Tebow back in the organization next season.
- Tebow out for the rest of the season
- Tim Tebow reassigned to Syracuse Mets
- Comrie 'excited' to remain with Comets for rest of season
- Syracuse Mets drop opener to Pawtucket Red Sox 6-3 in extras, Tim Tebow goes 0-for-4 in AAA debut
- Whitesboro Officer Crossley laid to rest
- Remington Arms to furlough workers through rest of 2017
- Prosecution rests; defense begins their case in Conley murder trial
- Prosecution rests in sex abuse trial of local psychiatrist
- Comets season ticket holders celebrate upcoming season
- Early Flu season locally