We now know just how many teddy bears were tossed at the 14th Annual New York Sash Teddy Bear Toss hockey game on Saturday.
After hours of sorting through the plush mountain at New York Sash, organizers estimate between three and four thousand toys.
Which means just about every person in attendance at the Utica College game brought a stuffed animal to donate to local kids in need.
"The 14th annual New York Sash Teddy Bear Toss was a huge success," said New York Sash owner Scot Hayes. "We have over 4,000 stuffed animals here in the showroom and it's wild. It takes us quite a while to get that truck back, we unload it. My son and I were here with one of his buddies, it took us 6 hours to get all the teddy bears here.
"We've got bears here at the front door of course we put some in the bathtubs. Real popular this year were the rainbow llamas. The teddy bears just keep going on and on and on. This year, our grand total will exceed 40,000 teddy bears so you can see how generous the community is. The teddy bears are all tagged, they're all really really great stuffed animals. They're worthy for donation, they're gonna go into the hands of children in need for the holiday season but it just continues to go throughout the entire showroom."
The bears will be packed up Monday and ready for distribution.
- Teddy Bear Toss Engagement
- Teddy bears everywhere!
- Where do the teddy bears go?
- Utica's Teddy Bear Toss featured on Inside Editon
- Clinton native eyes coveted Teddy Bear Toss goal in front of hometown fans
- Children become less afraid of medical procedures at Teddy Bear Clinic
- Pioneers cruise past Cougars in 14th Annual New York Sash Teddy Bear Toss Game (full game)
- Bucell scores highly coveted goal, Pioneers roll over Chatham in 14th Annual New York Sash Teddy Bear Toss
- Build-a-Bear Blitz
- Bear found in the city of Rome