UTICA – A teen was injured in a late night shooting in the city of Utica on Wednesday, according to the Utica Police Department.
Police say at approximately 11:58 p.m. on July 4, officers were dispatched to the 1500 block of West Street for a report of a male who had been struck by gunfire. Police say when they arrived on scene, they found 17-year-old Giovanni Williams, who had been struck by at least one projectile.
Williams was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by the Utica Fire Department, where he underwent surgery for his injuries. Police say he is currently in stable condition and he is expected to survive.
The investigation into the shooting is ongoing, and Utica police are asking anyone with information to contact their Major Crimes Unit at 315-360-6976, or their Criminal Investigations Division at 315-223-3510.
- Teen injured in late night shooting in Utica
- Utica teen indicted by grand jury in teen shooting death
- Police: Teenager killed in late-night shooting in Syracuse
- UPDATE: 2 men injured in separate shootings in Utica
- Man critically injured in Utica shooting, investigation ongoing
- Two injured after shooting on City Street in Utica
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- Utica police ID teen killed in Elizabeth Street shooting
- UPDATE: 1 person killed in Utica shooting Wednesday night
- Tuesday night shooting in Utica leaves man wounded