MORRIS, N.Y. – Two teens were arrested for allegedly stealing a car in the town of Morris last week.
The juveniles, ages 14 and 17, were charged with burglary and grand larceny.
On Feb. 5, state police received reports from the teens’ families around 4:30 a.m. saying the two were missing from their homes.
Troopers were also notified of a missing vehicle stolen from the driveway of a residence on Grove Street.
After investigating, police say the two stole the vehicle to drive to Lafayette and pick up a 15-year-old friend.
The teens were found at a Taco Bell in Cortland.
Police took the 15-year-old back home, and the other two teens were taken to Oneonta to be processed.
The 17-year-old was arraigned in Otsego County Youth Court and released to the county Department of Social Services.
The 14-year-old was issued a family court appearance ticket.
- Teens found at Taco Bell after allegedly stealing car in Morris
- National tortilla shortage impacting menu items at area Taco Bells
- Taco Bell favorites taking a pause during Utica remodel
- Taco Bell Foundation for Teens program raises funds to help local students
- Fayetteville man arrested for allegedly stealing a car in Cooperstown
- Morris man arrested after teens mistake toy for gun
- Missing Auburn teen, allegedly seen in Utica, found safe
- It's national taco day!
- Kraft recalls Taco Bell queso cheese dip for potential botulism risk
- Taco Bell seasoned beef is being recalled over concerns of metal contamination