NEW HARTFORD – The Meadows, a senior living campus on Middle Settlement Road, put their disaster plan in place Wednesday morning after a construction crew hit and ruptured a newly-installed natural gas line.
Oneida County 911 says the New Hartford fire and police departments were called to the campus at 10:42 a.m. for a report of gas odor outside of the building.
Employees tell us the staff and residents sheltered in place while repairs were underway. WKTV’s crew on the scene says it appeared to be business as usual while this was going on, except for the presence of multiple National Grid trucks.
The leak was repaired within an hour, and normal activity resumed.
- Temporary shelter in place at The Meadows after natural gas leak
- Frankfort residents back in their homes after natural gas leak
- NY nixes natural gas pipeline expansion permit
- Natural Gas Fire in Utica burns for several hours
- New York DEC fights against plan for natural gas pipeline
- Little Falls police confirm accidental gas leak caused explosion
- Oneonta homes evacuated due to high-pressure gas leak
- Temporary water outage in Oneonta
- Difference between lockout, lockdown, shelter-in-place explained
- Carrier Dome looking for temporary event staff