LITTLE FALLS – Victims of the explosion and fire in Little Falls are still out of their homes, and this morning two local lawmakers made donations and spent a good amount of time with at least one of those families.
On Wednesday, Feb. 14, a natural gas leak caused an explosion at a house on West Main Street in Little Falls, and three houses were destroyed by the explosion and subsequent fire, while nearby homes also had their windows blown out. A total of seven families were displaced by the explosion, and they’ve been staying at the Travelodge in Little Falls.
On Friday morning, Congresswoman Claudia Tenney and state Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi took time after the legislative breakfast at the Travelodge to meet with people affected by the explosion.
“It's just amazing that nobody got injured,” said Shawn Devereese, who lived in the house that exploded. “Seeing our house from a distance blown across the road was unreal; the image is imprinted in my head. You know, knowing where they found the dog and stuff, and so now when we look back at the footage, it’s like you see that and it's always going to be there.”
Both Tenney and Brindisi made donations to the outreach center that is helping the families.
The investigation into the explosion and fire continues.
- Tenney, Brindisi meet with Little Falls explosion victims
- Tenney, Brindisi respond to Dodd-Frank rollbacks
- Brindisi, Tenney, to work together in transition
- Zogby Analytics poll shows Brindisi with lead over Tenney
- Tenney talks ethics reform, calls out Brindisi on voting history
- Tenney, Brindisi talk campaign sign damage in 22nd Congressional race
- Rematch in the 22nd district? Tenney plans to challenge Brindisi
- Brindisi discusses defense priorities at Rome meeting
- Little Falls explosion victims thanking community for their support