Utica, NY (WKTV) - As shoppers prepare to get out and shop in brick and mortar stores, or shop online, we talk with Utica College Marketing Professor Chris Tingley about a few of his strategies when it comes to getting holiday shopping done in a timely manner and on a budget.
He says he parks as far away from the stores as possible when he shops at a busy mall. This way you can make the quick getaway and not be stuck in traffic leaving the mall.
He also says when shopping for specific items you need, to stick to your list. Take inventory when you get to the checkout and make sure the items you've picked up along the way are on your list. If the idea is to save money on Black Friday because you're scoring a deal, you don't want to lose that savings by purchasing items you don't need.
Check out the ads for stores on your phone or computer and create a strategy before you head out.
Also, use your friends and family members and create a team strategy.
- Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping strategy with Marketing Professional Chris Tingley
- Black Friday kicks off with $4.2B Thanksgiving online shopping feast
- Watch out for these Black Friday shopping scams
- Didn't shop on Black Friday? Cyber Monday deals are near
- Black Friday broke shopping records, but not at stores
- Sangertown Square extends hours for Black Friday shopping
- Black Friday Evolves
- Black Friday store hours
- CMN 2018 Thanks STAT STAFF Professionals
- Senate panel: NY needs addiction treatment professionals