ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Here's something to be thankful for: the cost of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner is down a bit from last year.
A New York Farm Bureau market survey found that an average dinner including a 16-pound turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and more averages $44.74 around the state. That's $1.89 less than last year.
Volunteer shoppers sampled prices in different parts of the state to come up with the average cost for 12 traditional Thanksgiving food items. Volunteers also priced out rolls, carrots, celery and pumpkin pie mix.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thanksgiving fixings cost less this year in NY, says survey
- NY Mills students provide Thanksgiving fixings to Emmaus House women's shelter
- State survey asks NY residents about deer concerns
- Construction unions seek NY prevailing wage loophole fix
- NY governor's agenda includes recreational pot, subway fixes
- Report: Aging prison population will cost NY more
- Despite huge giveaways, Cuomo says Amazon HQ costs NY 'nada'
- New data privacy survey aims to improve regulation of online marketplace in NY
- State officials survey Sauquoit Creek
- The cost of recycling