UTICA --The third annual ‘Downtown GetDown’ kicked off Friday in Utica’s Franklin Square.
The event is sponsored by Made in Utica.
People came out to the ‘Downtown GetDown’ festival to enjoy the first night of a weekend full of fun. People were able to enjoy live, local entertainment as well as games and movies.
The ‘Downtown GetDown’ is a free music and arts festival held Friday and Sunday.
This year the festival is celebrating the opening of a new urban container park, Handshake City, which will officially open Saturday.
Organizers say they're excited to continue the festival as well as begin their new venture handshake city.
The ‘Downtown GetDown’ festival happens in different areas of Utica and features lots of different activities.
Saturday’s events include a scavenger hunt at Oneida County Public Market, which starts at 9 a.m.., and the opening of Handshake City at noon.
There will be activities for people of all ages, food, and vendors as well. If you want to learn more about the ‘Downtown GetDown’and and a full list of events, click here.
- The 3rd annual 'Downtown Getdown' festival kicks off at Franklin Square
- Downtown Getdown underway in Utica
- Annual Herkimer Diamond Days street festival kicks off
- Bagg's Square Association hands out annual awards
- Mug Club: 3rd Annual Colie's Run
- Bouckville hosts 3rd annual Antique Shop Hop
- Newstalk: Annual Festival of Baskets
- 40th annual Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts kicks off in Remsen
- Mug Club: 3rd Annual Fall Extravaganza Craft & Vendor Fair
- Mug Club: 39th Annual Friendship Craft Festival