Utica, N.Y.- For many people the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium is a centerpiece for local sporting events. This week at the AUD. We’ll see an even more games than usual. Last night the Harlem Globetrotters came to town. Friday and Saturday night the Utica Comets play, and Sunday Utica City FC plays in the afternoon.
"So obviously business is good but that also means that my staff is very busy with changing over from hockey to soccer, or hockey to basketball which they just did last night," said Rick Redmond, the general manager at the Adirondack Bank Center.
Although the electric atmosphere inside the AUD remains a constant, the floors do not.
"It depends on the event but take for example the last few days we went from hockey to the basketball court for the Globetrotters event. That took about 7 hours to go from hockey to basketball. And then late last night after the Globetrotters ended it took them about 8 hours to go back to hockey. And then we'll do that again this weekend, tomorrow night after the Comets game. We'll get changed over for soccer on Sunday. That's about an 8 our changeover and then we'll put it back together Sunday night into Monday morning which takes about 7 hours to put it back together."
With all these changes in flooring the AUD staff remains very busy causing many to wonder how they keep their energy up.
"Keep moving. We got a great crew here though there's a lot of guys that have been here for a long time. We all get along, you know we're all having fun laughing, it makes the time go by," said Justin Case, the Event Coordinator at the AUD.
If you are worried you missed out on all the action, tickets are still available for all the events this weekend.
- The Adirondack Bank Center sees a busy week
- Alabama to perform at the Adirondack Bank Center in November
- Adaptive ice skating comes to the Adirondack Bank Center
- Utica FC Home Opener at Adirondack Bank Center
- Adirondack Community Pride Day
- Dunkin Donuts is official coffee of Adirondack Bank Center, Utica Comets
- 72 Tavern & Grill set to open in Adirondack Bank Center this spring
- Final job fair this afternoon for 72 Tavern & Grill at Adirondack Bank Center
- Comets fans electrify the Adirondack Bank Center for Calder Cup Playoffs
- UFC fighters weigh in for Fight Night at the Adirondack Bank Center