LYONS FALLS - The American Red Cross is assisting two families this morning following an apartment fire in Lewis County.
The fire broke out just before 5 p.m. Thursday at an apartment building located at 4121 Center St., Lyons Falls. Officials say the upstairs tenant noticed smoke, then called 911 and got everyone out of the residence.
When Lyons Falls fire crews arrived on scene, the second story attic was fully involved. Fire officials say the apartment building was completely destroyed by the fire.
Port Lyden and Constableville fire departments also assisted in putting out the fire.
Officials say the cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Red Cross assists 2 families after fire destroys Lyons Falls apartment
- Red Cross assisting nine after Frankfort fire
- Red Cross assisting Utica family, including three children, following fire
- 6 people assisted by Red Cross after fire destroys Annsville home
- Red Cross assisting two adults, child following Springfield fire
- Red Cross assisting 5 displaced by Utica fire
- Red Cross assisting 7 after town of Laurens fire
- Red Cross assisting five adults in Floyd house fire
- Red Cross helping two in Little Falls fire
- Hamilton nurse in South Carolina to assist American Red Cross