Vancouver, B.C. - The Vancouver Canucks officially announced that they have re-assigned defenseman Alex Biega to the Utica Comets, Thursday.
Biega last suited up for the Comets in the 2016, where he played one game on a rehab assignment.
Over parts of four seasons in Utica, Biega played 77 regular season games and was briefly the team's captain in the 2015-16 season.
Up in the NHL, he's appeared in 138 games where he has 20 career points.
He hasn't played in any games with the Canucks this year.
Hear from Biega in his return to the Comets by clicking the video above!
- The Bulldog returns: Canucks assign Biega to the Comets
- Canucks assign players to Comets ahead of preseason camp in Utica
- Canucks reassign goalie Thatcher Demko to Comets
- Canucks extend their affiliate deal with the Comets
- Canucks trade Dahlen to Sharks; MacEwen, Mazanec sent to Comets
- Canucks recall Nikolay Goldobin while returning Sven Baertschi on loan
- Canucks deal Nilsson, Archibald to Senators
- Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Toronto Maple Leafs
- Canucks ink Boucher to one-year deal, sign two others
- DiPietro recalled to Canucks during Markstrom's leave of absence