(CNN Money) -- It's tax day — and the IRS is experiencing technical difficulties.
The service that taxpayers use to file online is partly down, according to Acting IRS Commissioner David Kautter.
"On my way over here this morning, I was told that a number of IRS systems are unavailable at the moment," Kautter said at a Congressional hearing Tuesday morning. "We are working to resolve this issue and taxpayers should continue to file their returns as they normally would."
In a statement, the IRS said that taxpayers should "continue filing their tax returns as they normally would."
Tuesday is the last day for taxpayers to file their tax returns. It's also the final day to pay any additional money they owe to Uncle Sam for 2017.
— CNN's Gregory Wallace contributed reporting
(The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2018 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.)
- The IRS' online filing system is having problems ... on tax day
- Tax filing deadline nears
- Paying sales tax for Online purchases
- New tax system could alter alimony
- New York income tax refund information available online
- States given the OK to collect online sales tax
- Tips on filing for taxes, it's not too late
- Filing your taxes? Study shows many Americans aren't ready
- Ilion water problems continue
- Tips to protect your online information on World Password Day